Saturday, July 12, 2014

A quick little project....

Here's a quickie project I did over 4th of July weekend.  I had a shelf that had been hanging around for years - honestly, like 15 years - and I always thought of doing something with it - but what?

Since I had painted an old dresser for my bedroom, I decided to paint this shelf the same color.  At Home Depot I found some vinyl-covered cup hooks for dirt cheap, added those, and lookey lookey, a new way to display my scarves!  Previously, my scarves were hanging in my closet on shower curtain rings, but that never worked well - the rings all slid to one end, and before long, the scarves slid off the rings.  This way, they're nicely hanging, and I can see what's there!

Before painting, I used a spray-paint primer, since the original shelf was stained and I didn't want any bleed-through.  Then two quick coats of paint - I used Behr Premium Plus Ultra - it's supposed to have primer built in to the paint, but I'd rather err on the side of caution, and used a Krylon spray primer.

Here's the final result!  Sorry it's just a phone photo.... but you get the drift!  It looks crooked, but... yeah, it might be.  Hanging around all those years... oh well, I like it.


I have a few other projects waiting in the wings - refinish another dresser, a coffee table, and an end table, and a door.  I was given (or swapped rather!) a 36x80 steel exterior door in exchange for a western-style big decorative hook.  Since my scheme is going French country, it just didn't fit, and I knew someone who would love it.  The door is going to be my cutting table.  All it needs is a little sanding, and a coat or two of glossy spray paint.  And the desk, oh yeah, the desk... another find for my sewing room... Lots to do, and limited time.  

Off to be creative....

No comments:

Post a Comment